Be it from a desperate Google search on how to make extra money or on blog posts by numerous brands, Swagbucks is one name that pops up when talking about free rewards. An app that claims to reward its users for things as simple as watching a video or playing a game, Is Swagbucks really worth your time and effort? Here’s our say!
Before we dive into the worth of the brand it’s imperative to cover the basics:
- What is Swagbucks?
Swagbucks is a free online membership site that pays you in cash and gift cards for doing things you’re already doing online.
Swagbucks is best known for the variety of activities they pay their users for. From simply searching the web using their search engine to taking surveys, Swagbucks allows its users to earn money by performing simple tasks.
They are best known for their “paid” surveys but they also give you free gift cards for searching the web, watching videos, playing games and shopping!
- Is Swagbucks legit?
Users often dwell on the safety of the app. ‘Is Swagbucks safe?’ is a question in most minds. Well, to answer all your question, Swagbucks is a 100% legit business. Run by Prodege, a media company founded in 2005 which also runs several other sites including Inbox Dollars and MyPoints. Prodege, LLC has is an Accredited Business (since 5/21/2010) and has a B+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
Since Swagbucks started in 2010, it has paid out over $348 million in cash and gift cards to its users. It has a well-known reputation in the online sphere and has made appearances in publications like Cosmopolitan, Reader’s Digest, etc. Swagbucks also boasts a strong 4-star rating on Trustpilot, a popular consumer review website, out of more than 13,000 reviews, bringing the TrustScore of the site as 8.3 out of 10.
- How to sign up for Swagbucks?
You can sign up with Swagbucks by using their site or by using their mobile app which is available on both the App Store and Google Play ( Easy Swagbucks sign up here). Signing up with Swagbucks is pretty simple, in 4 easy steps you can get right to earning:
- Enter your email and choose a password
- You can use our Swagbucks sign up code _____
- Click “Sign Up”
- Confirm your email
And you’re all set! Once you earn 300 Swagbucks, you’ll get your sign up bonus. It’s now time to earn Swagbucks. Let’s see how you can do that.
- How do you earn Swagbucks?
How does Swagbucks work? Swagbucks has a simple, easy-to-understand procedure of working. The app allots you its own currency called Swagbucks on completion of certain activities. If you’re curious about how to make money on Swagbucks, following are some activities that can be performed:
- Using their search engine – Not a lot of people know about this but searching the web using Swagbucks Search (powered by Yahoo!) is one of the fastest ways to make Swagbucks. You can earn bucks by simply searching for what you’re searching for.
- Watch Swagbucks TV – users can also earn on Swagbucks by watching videos on Swagbucks TV. These videos can vary from a simple commercial to an entraining movie trailer. However, since only 1 SB is granted for every 6 videos watched it’s comparatively a slower way of earning money.
- Cash back on shopping: Swagbucks has a shopping portal too where users can get great cashbacks on shopping. Earn while you shop!
- Use their coupons to earn – Swagbucks supplies its users with legitimate Swagbucks coupons for items like candy, food, medicine and more. These valid coupons not only save you money but also earn you extra SBs when you download and use them.
- Refer friends: Referring friends earns you 10% of their Swagbucks earnings for life.
- Daily poll: Users can Earn 1 SB for voting each day. They simply need to answer one fun multiple choice question.
- Special Offers: Trials or discounts are offered by various brands partners of Swagbucks every now and then. You can earn points by taking advantage of these available offers.
- Playing games: Swagbucks also allows its users to make Swagbucks by playing online games.
- Answer surveys: This is one of the most popular ways of making money on this app; users can fill up third-party market research surveys for Swagbucks.
- Daily bonuses: Bonuses often appear at the top of the screen if you earn enough Swagbucks in a day.
- Swagbucks Hacks – How to earn Swagbucks fast?
There are a lot of ways to make money on Swagbucks. But here’s how to earn Swagbucks fast:
1. Use their Search engine
Swagbucks is fundamentally a search engine that pays in the form of SBs for using it. There are other ways of obtaining SBs as mentioned above but since it’s a search engine at heart, this method works best. Thus, According to our research and experience, using the Swagbucks search is the best way to earn Swagbucks on this app.
2. Don’t miss any Swag codes!
The app releases daily Swag Codes which can be entered into swag codes box to get more bucks. You can know more about all available Swag codes by following Swagbucks on their Facebook page or their blog.
3. Mega Swagbucks Friday!
Every Friday is a mega Swagbucks day where chances of earning more SBs go up. Definitely, use Swagbucks on Fridays.
4. Don’t waste your time on these
Most frequent users of the app have learned to ignore anything from “Lifestyle Advantage,” or the “Free Samples” Section. These sections take a lot of your information in their forms and hardly ever grant credit for the same.
5. The Swag Button
The swag button is an extension that can be added to your Google Chrome browser. Whenever the users shop online, this button will search the Swagbucks database for cash back opportunities and coupons at your chosen retailer. You can shop without starting a shopping trip through your Swagbucks account and can still get alerted of the available offers.
These were a few methods we suggest if you’re looking at how to get Swagbucks fast.
- Is earning 1000 Swagbucks a day possible?
If you’re wondering about how to earn 1000 Swagbucks a day, it’s time to snap back to reality. As much as we want; it’s not possible to make 1000 Swagbucks a day. Practically speaking, if you’re a patient and dedicated user, your earning per day can go up to 200-250 SBs at best.
- How many Swagbucks equal a dollar?
A $5 gift card costs about 450 Swagbucks, this means that each swag buck is essentially of the worth 1.11 pennies or simply stated $0.01.
- How to use Swagbucks?
So what can you get for Swagbucks? Swagbucks can be redeemed into cash or be exchanged for gift cards. You can redeem an amount as low as 100 SB for a gift card whereas for cash check out your accumulated balance needs to be 2,500 SB. This would be a PayPal deposit of $25.
- Gift cards – You can spend your Swagbucks on gift cards of a variety of big brands like Amazon, Target, etc. A user favorite is the $25 Amazon gift card which avails a 12% discount on the first redemption every month.
- Cash– You can wait for the accumulation for Swagbucks in your account and then cash out with PayPal.
- Donate– You can also choose to donate your earnings for a good cause with charities like Action against Hunger, The Breast Cancer Research Foundation, The American Red Cross, etc.
- What is Swagbucks Local?
Swagbucks Local is a separate mobile app that gives you cash back when you shop at a store physically. It maps out all of the restaurants, coffee shops, and retailers in your area that are ready to pay you in free Swagbucks for trying them. It maximizes cash back by rewarding you with Swagbucks for every purchase you make. The number of SBs that one can earn per dollar differs from area to area.
- How good is the Swagbucks support?
As big as it is as a brand, the Swagbucks customer service has proven to be less than satisfactory. Various complaints can be seen about the lack of replies, blocking of accounts, etc on platforms like Reddit and the Complaints board online. Research shows that the quality of service has gone down over the years.
- Customer Testimonials
Dedication and persistence can go a long way. Here’s how one Woman Earned $1,200 in a Year –
A dedicated Swagbucks user Maloy earned a whopping amount of $1200 in a year. On being asked her secret she revealed her daily interaction with the app. She usually starts her day with 40 surveys and mostly completes about one or two due to the app’s feature of kicking out users from surveys due to lack of qualification. She is also a member of a Facebook group called ‘Swagbucks Swaggernauts’ where she picks up tips on good ways to earn SBs. Her goal is usually to earn 200 SBs a day. She earns a majority of her points from taking surveys and uses them to buy gift cards for her children.
Another user, Cadle, who is a webcast moderator in Ohio earned up to $750 dollars or 73,000 Swagbucks. She took a lot of surveys and treated it like a job. She also takes part in Swagbucks’ daily poll for extra bucks and likes to redeem her points in the form of gift cards to buy Christmas and birthday gifts.
- Swagbucks Review – Final Verdict
Is Swagbucks a scam? No, but realistically speaking, you can’t make a career relying on it. So does Swagbucks work? Yes, however, it is only a source of extra income if you’re willing to put in a few hours of work every now and then. If you’re someone who generally enjoys taking surveys or watching videos online, Swagbucks is a blessing.
According to us, Swagbucks brings a lot to the table when used in a relaxed and fun way to get money. It’s basically profitable internet surfing time and can earn you an extra buck or two. However if you’re actively chasing to be an overnight millionaire by the app, you might want to think twice. For an app like Swagbucks to serve its purpose effectively, it’s up to the users to swag correctly!