As more and more people opt to earn extra money online, every day the internet witnesses the rise of a new rewards site.
With thousands of similar sites online, how does one distinguish between the legitimate and illegitimate? Well, reviews are definitely a start.
To make your life a little easier and your money-making experience a lot better, we reviewed the MyPoints rewards app. Read on and see what we have to say about this project.
What is MyPoints?
MyPoints is an online reward panel that awards users points for doing different tasks. These points can later be exchanged for cash and other prizes.
Membership to the MyPoints family is available to all US and Canada residents and is free of cost. People outside the US can also sign up with the site, however, the prizes and redemption options available are limited as of now.
Is MyPoints Legit?
Established in 1996, MyPoints is a legitimate website and app that rewards its users for simple tasks. It is owned by Prodege – An internet marketing services company which also owns the popular survey site – Swagbucks.
With a BBB rating of A+, Prodege is a trustworthy company whose venture MyPoints.com is equally legitimate and reputable.
How Can I Get Started With MyPoints?
MyPoints has an app for both iOS and Android users. You can start off by simply installing either of these free apps. This step itself awards you 100 points as a signup bonus!
Right after you sign in for the first time, the app shows you a pop-up to help new users to get started by watching videos, taking surveys or anything that interests them.
How Can I Earn Points On MyPoints?
There is a plethora of task options to choose from to earn points of MyPoints. Following are some of them:
- Surveys – You can earn points by sharing your opinion in their market research program.
- Referrals – Users can also earn points by referring friends and family. Simply referring somebody leads to adding of 25 points to your profile. Post that if your reference turns into a new user of the site, you are rewarded 10% of their qualifying points.
The best part is that the app allows unlimited invitations making referrals one of the fastest ways to earn points.
- Print coupons – If you print out coupons from the MyPoints website and use them at your local chain stores, you’re awarded points. Every time you print a coupon, you’re awarded 20 points.
- Watch videos – MyPoints also rewards users for watching videos online. They can make playlists of their choice to earn a specific number of followers. These videos are fun and easy to watch and can be anything from celebrity news to cooking videos.
- Surf the web – MyPoints awards users for doing what most of them are already doing online like surfing the web. Points are distributed randomly when users browse the internet using the MyPoints Yahoo! Web engine.
- Read emails – There is an aspect called BonusMail in MyPoints which awards users points simply by clicking on emails. The app sends you links on your email which can be clicked to earn 5 points each.
- Playing games – One of the most fun tasks available to make money, users can earn by playing games on their app. If you’re a gamer, this is the easiest way to earn points. Some of the available games also offer random draws and possibilities of bigger wins.
- Shop online – With more than 1900 retailers to choose from, MyPoints gives shoppers cash back in way of points when they shop through their website. These rewards might not be as great as those available on Swagbucks or Ebates, but they aren’t that bad either.
- Local Deals – Points can also be earned through LivingSocial goods, Groupon and other voucher purchase.
How Can I Redeem My Points?
Once you reach 700 points ($5), they can be redeemed in the following ways:
- PayPal Account – You can request a direct deposit in your PayPal account.
- Visa Prepaid Card – A deposit in your visa prepaid card which can later be transferred to your bank account.
- Gift cards – With over 70 restaurant and retail brands, users can choose to redeem points in the form of a gift card.
- Travel miles – You can get travel miles in your United Mileage Plus account.
- Shop In-Store – MyPoints lets you redeem points for purchases on their website too.
How Do The Surveys On This Site Work?
Surveys have proved to be the oldest and most popular ways of making money online.
Let’s see how the survey system at MyPoints works:
- You sign up to become a member.
- Answer a few questions and enter your demographics to let the server know about your eligibility for surveys.
- Wait to be allotted surveys and then start answering!
There is a possibility of being disqualified mid-survey if your criterion doesn’t match the requirements. This, unfortunately, is a common issue that most users face. However, MyPoints tries to compensate for it by rewarding users with half the points worth if they do not qualify.
Users are also sent emails on their email addresses called the SurveyMail. Taking this survey too adds points to your profile.
Points Earned Per Survey
The number of points that you will receive per survey vary. It can depend on the survey’s length, complexity, and niche.
According to our research, the maximum amount that can be earned through a survey on MyPoints is $6.
One thing that makes this site stand out in this industry is the large number of ways users can earn points. There is a variety to choose from which ensures that there is no monotony in the money-making process and users have a fun experience throughout.
Another feature we found really cool was MyPoints’ internet browser bar which is called Score.
This bar proves really useful when users make an online purchase. It reminds users to purchase through the app to earn points and also offers deals, coupons and other promo codes.
The fact that you’re paid to simply use the web browser is also really cool and unique.
As much as we love the variety of activities offered on MyPoints, it’s hard to ignore the condition of their functioning.
Most users these days complain of unnecessary disqualification mid surveys and almost no compensation for the same. There have also been numerous complains about automatic deactivation of accounts with a good number of accumulated points.
There have also been frequent complains about the customer service or lack thereof when it comes to helping with the above-mentioned issues.
Finally, as we come to the end of this review, we say that MyPoints is worth an additional download if you’re already trying to make money online with some other sites.
We wouldn’t recommend solely depending on this site for making extra cash due to its copious shortcomings.
As of now, modern sites like Swagbucks and InboxDollars continue to rule the survey market by giving better rewards for the same activities.
MyPoints is surely not a scam but seems a little ineffective when compared to the other money-making sites online. To become a part of the top survey sites in this generation, MyPoints surely needs to step up its game.