Are you an avid online shopper? Do you wait for your favourite items to go on sale every once in a while? Isn’t it a bummer when you purchase something and within the next few days the seller drops the prices of that very thing? What if there was something that could help you bridge that loss?
If you’re looking for something that can help you wash away that familiar feeling of regret, Paribus is just the thing for you.
What is Paribus?
Paribus is an app that monitors your online purchases and if a price-drop is detected in any item that you’ve purchased recently, it helps you get a refund amounting to the difference.
How does Paribus work?
Most retailers have a “price policy”, which includes price guarantees.
This means that if a product that has been recently purchased goes on sale, or even if the prices are simply slashed down to boost sales, the consumer can file a price claim and get refunded the difference i.e. the price of their purchase minus the current price.
The issue with this is that filing these claims is no cake-walk. It is a long and tedious legal process, not to mention, nobody has enough time to keep track of their past purchases and compare the prices to current ones just to gain a few dollars.
This is where Paribus comes in. This app will accurately keep track of your purchases and automatically issue a claim if it detects a price drop, sending the refunded amount straight to your bank account.
The Paribus sign-up process?
Paribus sign-up process is quick and easy. All you need to do is provide your contact details and your email id that is used for your online transactions.
However, keep in mind that in order for Paribus to do its work efficiently, you need to grant the paribus receipt fetcher permission to read, send and delete your emails.
Although you’re granting this permission to Paribus, it will never delete any emails from your inbox. The only emails Paribus is concerned about are the order confirmations, so you don’t have to worry about a privacy breach.
Similar is the case with your amazon credentials.
While you can easily skip this step (Paribus will try its best to filter out information from your email account instead), you should also know that Paribus will never actually know your amazon password. The API just uses your information for verification of your amazon account.
You can click this link to sign-up – https://paribus.co
Is Paribus safe & legit?
It is predictable that people will be concerned about Paribus being a scam, considering that it requires permission for handling your email, your card information and your amazon account credentials.
That being said, we assure you that Paribus is 100% legitimate.
Paribus has been around since 2014, and in 2016 it was officially purchased by CapitalOne, which is a leading bank in over 10 nations.
Considering that Paribus is backed up by such a renowned financial institution, we can be assured that the software will not be using consumer’s personal details for any malicious purposes.
Pros and Cons of Paribus?
Here is a list of pros and cons that will help you make an informed decision of whether or not you want to include Paribus in your shopping sprees.
- Free: That’s right, paribus is an app that is completely free of cost yet helps you save money!
- No technical jargon: It’s not rocket-science. The database is smooth, intuitive and easy to comprehend. Unlike most similar apps that take unnecessary time to create profiles and still requires you to check up and do all the work, Paribus sign-up process takes merely 30 seconds and even after installation, Paribus does all the work for you. You don’t have to bother checking in the app every other hour, you don’t have to take care of the refunded payments or keep track of your orders.
- Savings: As soon as you download the app, Paribus starts saving money for you. Who doesn’t want that?
- Support from retailers: Paribus is supported by multiple retail giants like Amazon, Old Navy, Macy’s, Home Depot etc. You can save money on all your favourite websites!
- Availability over devices: The only deal-breaking con about Paribus is that it is not available on Android. The app had been removed some time back due to technical issues. However, still, if you’re an android user, you can still reap the benefits through a computer.
- Sign-up requirements: As discussed before, Paribus does push the limit of access a little with wanting permission for reading, sending and deleting your emails, your Amazon account credentials and your card details. This can be a deal-breaker for some people who do not feel comfortable granting Paribus those permissions. However, keep in mind that these permissions are never used to breach your privacy, only to help you save as much money as possible.
- Availability over the globe: Unfortunately, Paribus is only useful to the citizens of The United States or the citizens of Puerto Rico. If you don’t live in these countries, Paribus is not your friend.
“Paribus is not working”
Many users of Paribus claim that Paribus is simply, not working.
They might have had the app for months and they have completed the sign-up process religiously along with all permissions but still, Paribus refuses to save them money.
If you’ve had Paribus for a while and not received any rebates, there could be three reasons:
- You’re not an online shopper: The first and the most obvious reason is that you don’t shop enough. You cannot buy one item a month and expect a guaranteed saving on that item.
- The company refused the refund: Paribus must have contacted the company in case a refund was available but was shunned by the company. Afterall, it’s not Paribus who gives you the refunds, it just acts as a middleman to help you gain the refunds from the respective retailers.
- There were no refund offers: It is also very likely that Paribus hasn’t found a purchase that was eligible for a price adjustment.
How do I get paid with Paribus?
The payment structure of Paribus is amongst the best out there.
Since there is no such criteria of a minimum payment, as soon as a refund gets approved, the money is sent straight to your bank account. There is no transaction cost on receiving the rebates.
This cuts down on weeks and weeks of processing time and helps to save money in an easy and hassle-free manner.
Of course, keep in mind that in order to experience this convenient method of earning money, you need to give Paribus your bank details
(Your concerns about granting Paribus this information will be taken care of further into this review. Bottomline though, Paribus is totally safe.)
Has anyone used Paribus?
Paribus has helped people save over $29 Million since they started in 2014.
You can check out some customer reviews here – https://www.reddit.com/r/Frugal/comments/7qw2u1/is_the_paribus_app_worth_it/
Which online merchants support Paribus?
Paribus helps you save money on most of your favourite retail stores and even online retail giants like Amazon.
It acts like a middleman that carries out refund claims, saving consumers their time with no financial cost.
This is a list of all merchants that support Paribus:
- Amazon – Paribus will only check for late deliveries
- Best Buy
- Target – you might have to call Target to get your refund, but Paribus is looking for it
- Old Navy
- Walmart – Paribus will monitor late shipping and price drops
- Neiman Marcus
- Saks Fifth Avenue
- Home Depot
- Banana Republic
- Crate & Barrel
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- L.L. Bean
- Office Depot
Amazon & Paribus
Since Amazon has stopped sending out itemized receipts with your orders, Paribus needs your Amazon account credentials to track the shipments.
Many users of Paribus were concerned about providing it this information, but as discussed before, it’s in your best interest and Paribus will neither know your actual password nor will it ever use your personal details for spiteful purposes.
Paribus works a little differently with amazon than with other retailers.
Since Amazon does not have a price guarantee policy, it is not possible for Paribus to earn you rebates on your amazon orders. However, this doesn’t mean Paribus can’t save you money on Amazon.
There are two other ways Paribus helps you get refunds from amazon:
- Late shipping: If Amazon has a guaranteed shipping date for an order and for some reason the shipment gets delayed, Paribus users are eligible for refunds on the shipping cost.
- Amazon Prime: Amazon Prime users, in addition to the shipping refund will also get an extension on their Prime membership (an extra month for monthly pack users, an extra year for annual pack users)
Paribus Review: Conclusion
Any app that helps you save money at no additional cost is definitely godsent. Paribus does all the work for you, is incredibly convenient, and free!
It solves a unique but very familiar problem of buying an item just before it goes on sale.
Imagine not waiting for a sale to happen just so you can buy your favourite jeans because you know Paribus will refund you the amount anyway!
It takes care of all the claim filing and legal work, cuts down your transaction cost to zero and automatically send money to your bank account.
Backed up by one of the leading banks and with over $29 million in savings, we can be assured that it is 100% safe and legitimate way to save money on your next purchase.